Music

Fabio Fracassi turiya at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 14 12:52:01 PDT 2002

On Friday 14 June 2002 17:29, Archaic wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 07:17:50AM -0700, Timothy Bauscher wrote:
>
> Okay, now the diatribe is turning into something I can really sink my
> teeth into. :) You say freedom of speech is disappearing, I say it's
> been gone since the first government sponsored school was created.

I don't think so, here in germany nearly every school is goverment funded,
that doesn't make them any less free. The thing is that the curriculum and
the funding have to be seperated. The curriculum gets decided by commitees of
"experts" (manly teachers) the funding is done independently, and it is in
our "Grundgesetz" (Which is approx. like your bill of rights), that this
funding has to take place. So the goverment hasn't got the right to take the
funding away, even if the comitee would decide to teach that german goverment
sucks.

This funding has the great advantage, that (in theory) every school is equal,
so you won't get a better education just because you live in an rich area.

Fabio

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org