Religion (Was Re: Music)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 10:51:42 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:21:59PM -0400, Tony Karakashian wrote:
> >> the right to bear arms allows you to maintain your other  freedoms.
>
> >> The NRA and the guncontrol lobbyists are both wrong.
>
> Actually, while I don't agree with them on much, that was from the NRA.

Let me elaborate. The MEANING the NRA gives for the 2nd Amendment and
it's purpose is wrong. Sure, they know what it means, but they don't
convey that meaning because people would tend to label them antigov't.
They want to put forth a softer persona.

--
Archaic

--
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and
hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless

- H.L. Mencken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org