Religion (Was Re: Music)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 10:46:59 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:30:34PM -0400, Don Smith wrote:
> Nothing I can disagree with here. But, for the sake of argument, do we
> allow Santeria's (to pick an absurdly extreme example) to sacrifice
> chickens in the corner before each class? And I'm sure Satanists doing
> there thing would be extremely offensive to the Christians in the room.

Irrelevant. I never said anything about being allowed to use props. :)
For that, or anything that requires an extreme amount of time or space
or involves clean up, is rather outside the scope. Unless we all decide
to pay tax dollars to pay for such spaces. :) I know there are a lot of
ceremonies out there, but does prayer have to involve props? I once knew
a satanist who liked his props, but didn't require them for prayer. But
I digress, yes you should allow them to pray even if they HAVE to use
props. You just don't have to let them do it at the school. The onus is
on them to go to wherever they have to go, do what they have to do, and
come back. We should allow for prayer, but not accomodate to their
needs for extra stuff. :)

--
Archaic

--
Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils.

- General George Stark.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org