Music

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 10:36:41 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 09:03:20PM +0200, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> Hm, I don't realy get your point, here. It sounds interesting, and I have
> heard simmilar arguments, but I dont see how it relates to what I have
> written.

It wasn't really a coupterpoint. You crought up evil so that's just
where I decided to put that blurb.

> > and I will defend that right for anyone.
>
> As I said, although very understandable it isn't a right.
> I know that You want to show an example of "emergency defence", but if you
> claim a right to kill an attacker, that is simple lowdown revenge.

It didn't say it wasn't revenge. Hey, regardless of people's beliefs in
religion, I hold that we are still animals with animalistic instinct. In
the above situation, I would not only use my animalistic instinct to
kill, but I would use my higher consiousness to justify it and defend
it. I never claimed to be perfect! :) BTW, we ALL justify what we do.
Right or wrong is just a matter of opinion. I choose not to randomly
kill (as most do), but I also would choose to kill to protect my family
or self. That is IMO the quickest, cleanest, most just form of justice.

> > > "I might disagree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death
> > > your right to say it." -- Voltaire
> >
> > That goes for all rights.
>
> Sure. Translated to your example above it reads: Even if you dont respect my
> (or my loved ones) lives, I do respect yours.

You are reading WAY too much into it. I said that goes for all RIGHTS.
You do not have the right to kill my family, so I do not have to respect
your actions. However, I do feel that one has a right to kill the
prepetrator in that instance, and yes I do respect that right for all.
Some will say I'm bloodthirsty. If that is the case, I would lower my
standards for justification and kill people as I saw fit.

--
Archaic

--
The IRS has become morally corrupted by the enormous power which we in
Congress have unwisely entrusted to it. Too often it acts like a Gestapo

- Senator Edward V. Long

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org