Religion (Was Re: Music)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 09:04:13 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:45:58AM -0400, Tony Karakashian wrote:
> > I lean towards Freedom of  Speech since that freedom is absolutely
> > essential in maintaining all the other freedoms.
>
> Actually, the right to bear arms allows you to maintain your other
> freedoms.  Words will not restore your rights when they are finally
> all taken away from you.

Here, here. The right to bear arms in the American constitution was
implemented for the final purpose of defending ourselves from our own
gov't. Of course, know one seems to know that. The NRA and the
guncontrol lobbyists are both wrong.

--
Archaic

--
Idealism is the noble toga that political gentlemen drape over their
will to power.

- Aldous Huxley

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org