Music

Teibidh teibidh at cox.net
Fri Jun 14 09:12:49 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Archaic" <archaic at comcast.net>
To: <lfs-chat at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: Music

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:14:58AM -0400, Teibidh wrote:
> >     There two reasons creation isn't taught and evolution is. A) The
whole
> > seperation of Church and State and freedom of worship issue. Not all
> > religions focus on creation, therefore it's not really suited for a
> > multi-religion environment.
>
> What is this "Separation of Church and State" I keep hearing about?
> Someone please show me a gov't document with these words, please. (None
> exist). There has never been a separation of church and state (at least
> in America). That would require electing only atheists. The idea,
> though, of the gov't not sponsoring or recognizing one religion over
> another is the idea that was intended. The masses though, enjoy the ease
> of repeating what they hear on tv and radio and what they read in
> newspapers, as opposed to actually finding out for themselves.
>
> > B) My personal problem with it as well, you can't prove creation.
Evolution
> > at least has a few hundred years of theory, research and scientific fact
> > back it up.
>
> So where's the missing link? :) Actually, one of my favorite topics of
> discussion I used to have with my fundamentalist roommate (whose father
> was the preacher) was Darwin. He was brain-washed so thoroughly that
> "Darwin was wrong". When I asked him what Darwin was wrong about, he
> said evolution. When I said what kind of evolution was he wrong about, I
> got blank stares. :) The theory of micro-evolution is completely,
> undeniably proven. Has been for several decades. Macro-evolution,
> however, is another story (in which Darwin himself stated there was no
> physical proof, just a hunch). I question macro-evolution, but clearly
> disagree with the theory of creationism. The only reason this topic is
> such a big deal is that people just can't seem to handle an answer like
> "I don't know". I think that is why religion was created in the first
> place. To explain the unknown.

    That and for fathers to control who their daughters were breeding with,
yeah:P I'm a supporter of evolution, macro and micro, more than creation
simply because there's at least some scientific evidence for it. Of course,
you can baffle any scientist that fully supports evolution:
    So, we can trace and provide solid theories or facts to prove evolution.
We can show how the conditions of the early forming Earth coincidentally
provided the first amino acids which combined to form protiens, etc. We can
substantiate the big bang theory, that all matter condensed in the center of
the 'universe' then exploded outwards. That's all great.
    Where'd the initial matter that fueled the big bang come from?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org