Music

Don Smith don_smith at att.net
Fri Jun 14 09:02:16 PDT 2002

Archaic wrote:

<snip>

> Okay, now the diatribe is turning into something I can really sink my
> teeth into. :) You say freedom of speech is disappearing, I say it's
> been gone since the first government sponsored school was created.
> What's the purpose of freedom of speech when the gov't has so
> infiltrated the thought process of the citizens? In America, at least,
> gov't sponsored education is technically illegal. But then again, so is
> federal gun control, yet it exists....*sigh*

How about the death of the local newspaper as another threat to the
freedom of speech? Most surviving newspapers are owned by huge media
corporations whose goals may be counter to printing that story on
insider trading of media stocks.

Actually the biggest threat to our freedoms is the lack of interest in
participating in our government and not voting. For those of you who
think your vote doesn't count just remember the less than 500 votes here
in Florida that chose our current president.

Don
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org