Music

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 09:01:44 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 07:47:09PM +0200, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> to be defined). But I'd like to get a step further, I belive (Yes, this, too
> is an arguable and very personal belive) that the concept of an higher being
> is in most cases the easiest way to justify evil. Before you flame me for

Haw's this for a pradigm shift? God is evil. God created all things?
Then he created Satan. There cannot be good without evil, right?
Otherwise how would you define good. Satan is evil. God created him. God
is evil. This really pisses people off, but it's only meant as a purely
logical concept. And can't be argued successfully. The closest someone
came to that was to mention the freewill of Satan. No. In both the bible
and dogma, the thing that made us so special was free will. Lucifer was
an angel, not a human. God had to instill evil into him.

> BUT: EVERYBODY ELSE has the exact same right. On the other hand NOBODY has
> the right to end someone elses life.

BS, if I come home and find you attempting to kill my wife or kids, you
are one dead SOB and I will defend that right for anyone.

> "I might disagree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your
> right to say it." -- Voltaire

Very much agreed! I have that somewhere in my sig files. :)
That goes for all rights.

--
Archaic

--
The people cannot delegate to government the power to do anything which
would be unlawful for them to do themselves.

- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org