Music

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 08:51:59 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:14:58AM -0400, Teibidh wrote:
>     There two reasons creation isn't taught and evolution is. A) The whole
> seperation of Church and State and freedom of worship issue. Not all
> religions focus on creation, therefore it's not really suited for a
> multi-religion environment.

What is this "Separation of Church and State" I keep hearing about?
Someone please show me a gov't document with these words, please. (None
exist). There has never been a separation of church and state (at least
in America). That would require electing only atheists. The idea,
though, of the gov't not sponsoring or recognizing one religion over
another is the idea that was intended. The masses though, enjoy the ease
of repeating what they hear on tv and radio and what they read in
newspapers, as opposed to actually finding out for themselves.

> B) My personal problem with it as well, you can't prove creation. Evolution
> at least has a few hundred years of theory, research and scientific fact to
> back it up.

So where's the missing link? :) Actually, one of my favorite topics of
discussion I used to have with my fundamentalist roommate (whose father
was the preacher) was Darwin. He was brain-washed so thoroughly that
"Darwin was wrong". When I asked him what Darwin was wrong about, he
said evolution. When I said what kind of evolution was he wrong about, I
got blank stares. :) The theory of micro-evolution is completely,
undeniably proven. Has been for several decades. Macro-evolution,
however, is another story (in which Darwin himself stated there was no
physical proof, just a hunch). I question macro-evolution, but clearly
disagree with the theory of creationism. The only reason this topic is
such a big deal is that people just can't seem to handle an answer like
"I don't know". I think that is why religion was created in the first
place. To explain the unknown.

--
Archaic

--
Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are

- H. L. Mencken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org