Music

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 08:29:10 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 07:17:50AM -0700, Timothy Bauscher wrote:
> I can't help but agree and disagree. The way that
> religion is dealt with in the public school system
> stinks. A child not being allowed to even _speak_
> about religion is outrageous. Freedom of speech is
> dying, and what are we doing about it?
>
> Once freedom of speech is gone, that's it. The
> government will have complete control. People don't
> realize how important this freedom is.
>
> As for creation theory and the theory of evolution,
> i'm not clear on my opinion. Both are widely accepted,
> and neither can be proven. I don't think one should
> be forced in just because another is, it should be up
> to the teachers to decide their curriculum.

Okay, now the diatribe is turning into something I can really sink my
teeth into. :) You say freedom of speech is disappearing, I say it's
been gone since the first government sponsored school was created.
What's the purpose of freedom of speech when the gov't has so
infiltrated the thought process of the citizens? In America, at least,
gov't sponsored education is technically illegal. But then again, so is
federal gun control, yet it exists....*sigh*

--
Archaic

--
You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it
will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it

- Lyndon Johnson, former President of the U.S.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org