Music

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 14 07:17:50 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 09:30:46AM -0400, Don Smith wrote:
> Please don't say that about Christians, it is the fundamentalist
> Christians who believe that. They believe every word in the bible is the
> revealed truth directly from God and since evolution theory contradicts
> the creation story, it must be wrong.

I did sort of point at an entire group of people
didn't i? I should have said "Christians that i know".

> If they want to believe that, it's fine with me. But now they are trying
> to foist this view upon the general public via the public schools by
> insisting that they teach "Creation Theory" right next to evolution.
> That is totally outrageous. If I want religion taught in school, I'd
> send my kids to a bible school.

I can't help but agree and disagree. The way that
religion is dealt with in the public school system
stinks. A child not being allowed to even _speak_
about religion is outrageous. Freedom of speech is
dying, and what are we doing about it?

Once freedom of speech is gone, that's it. The
government will have complete control. People don't
realize how important this freedom is.

As for creation theory and the theory of evolution,
i'm not clear on my opinion. Both are widely accepted,
and neither can be proven. I don't think one should
be forced in just because another is, it should be up
to the teachers to decide their curriculum.

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org