Music

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Thu Jun 13 19:03:55 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 03:48:08AM +0200, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> Our world would not exist without faith, I am sure. The humility
> that is part of any believe in a higher being, was necessary to
> create human interaction, to take care of each other and make sacrifices.

One concept I have never and will never believe is that we are good
because of religion. People do their nature with or without religion.
Some thoughts are suppressed, but if willful, is done without religion.
I do not kill other humans because a book says not to. I believe the
same goes with law. A law doesn't stop me from doing something. It just
defines punishment for those actions. I see the bible as an ancient law
book. Actually, that is what the Old Testament exactly is.  My only beef
with religion is the lengths some people will go to shove it down
someone's throat (I'm not making that assumption here).

--
Archaic

--
Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are

- H. L. Mencken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org