Music

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Thu Jun 13 18:13:54 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 03:07:07AM +0200, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> BTW my shortlist of favourite composers would be: Mozart, Beethoven
> Bach. I just hope I will never be sent to a deserted island and
> generously been allowed to take three corpora of music with me. I'd
> hate to leave behind Monteverdi, Schubert, Mahler, Shostakovich etc.
> etc.

Franz Schubert is in my top 3. Perhaps Bartok (sp?). Third spot is
tough.. I really like Tchaikovsky and Mozart and Brahms.

> I think I have been blasphemous enough in this thread so far. I just
> want to add to the above list one of my current day favourites.
> Elton John. I saw him in concert tuesday evening. Although I hate
> the song now, Nikita was the first song I really loved and I have
> been a fan since then. I used to be a little bit ashamed of that.
> But when you get older, you don't care about being cool, eh? I would
> certainly cheat and also take EJs music to the island.

I must also admit to being a closet Elton Fan. Rod Stewart, as well.
Most people who know me would be shocked because I really like Metallica
as well. Oh well,  I like most music.
You like jazz or blues? Ever hear any John Lee Hooker?

--
Archaic

--
A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he
cares about more than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable

- John Stuart Mill, writing on the U.S. Civil War in 1862

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org