One more thing... (was Re: Wondering about Ncurses instructions)

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 13 13:58:42 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:44:52PM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:
> My Dad is about to set up a website for the local ME group and was
> asking my advice on how to do it (BTW, he only uses Windows 98 at home
> on the desktop although the server at my parent's home uses LFS
> [obviously!])

Wish i could convince my dad to use anything
other than windoze. He fears change so much.

> Dad's Q. What web design package should I use.
> My A.  Notepad and the W3C Validator
> Dad: Oh.

LOL. Someone asked me the same sort of question:

Q: What should i use to develop the website in?
   Dreamweaver, frontpage?
A: Allaire homesite w/o the WYSIWYG or notepad.
Q: Huh?

> Actually, that makes me a *slight* hypocrite as the LFS pages don't
> fully validate.  It's a project on my TODO list to patch them so that
> they do.  Anyone who fancies sending a patch to {,b}lfs-book though....
> (But don't forget that the pages are constructed using SSI's so you need
> to check the www module out of cvs to see the actual code).

No need. The website will be replaced some day anyway.

I made a new one. G seemed to like it, and everyone who
responded to the screenshot seemed to like it too. The
only things which would need to be replaced on the new
site are the submit links (javascript), which should be
submit buttons anyway, and the background image. Then,
it would be W3C compliant.

http://.linuxfromscratch.org/~timothy/lfs-site/

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org