Music

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 13 13:34:17 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 10:09:32PM +0200, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> You say "God CREATED man".
> I would say "Man created God".

I can understand how you would come to that conclusion.
I have always been fascinated by athiests (i will assume
you are an athiest), just as many of them are fascinated
by the religous.

I determined, in my head, that God existed when i was 13.
But, until recently, i didn't really _believe_ in Him.
Faith is something which cannot be explained. It is neither
a feeling nor a thought, yet it can make a person capable
of doing the impossible.

"Science without religion is lame, religion
without science is blind."
    -- Albert Einstein

(quoted out of context, but nevertheless, he said it)

> There are very strong reasons why God exists. That
> being said, I have never seen proof.

<sounding high>

Proove to me that numbers exist. Proove to me that
time exists, or that the moon exists, or that i
exist. Just because you can see something, or touch
it, or feel it, doesn't mean it exists. It means that
you perceive it as existing.

You create a universe by perceiving it. Nothing can
truly be proven. All that one can do is convince others
to perceive the universe the way they do. That, is
what humans call proof.

</sounding high>

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org