Music

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 13 12:22:12 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 01:52:30PM -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:
> While I may admit my ignorance, I thought Catholicism was a form of
> christianity.

A Christian is a follower of Christ. So, i am a Christian.
I am also a Catholic. Christianity is more of a form of
Catholicism, because it stemmed from Catholicism after
we did some horribly wrotten things.

> At anyrate, I do have to step in and say that not all
> crhistians are so narrow minded.  I for one beleive
> evolution and the 6 day story go hand in hand.

I have always thought of the Bible as a figurative
explanation of God, not as a history book. So, i don't
understand why it would take God 6 days to create Life,
The Universe, and Everything, if he could do it in an
instant.

By interpretting Genesis literally, one may think that
God was limited by time, just as are. IMO, God sees
time as a whole, not as a series of events on a
line, but as a single infinite dot.

> I love these types
> of discussions anyway..lol.

So long as no one gets angry. Sometimes these kind of
philosophical/religious threads get out of hand, and
people lose appendiges.

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org