One more thing... (was Re: Wondering about Ncurses instructions)

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 13 11:58:08 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 01:26:03PM -0500, Archaic wrote:

> I'm less concerned about that than the bandwidth problems flash imposes.
> It's hideous.

Strongly agreed.

> You are free to ignore information. :) People are free
> to provide information as they see fit. (Even if it does
> seem like a waste to you or me.) The difference is that
> you sound like you want to limit their options, thereby
> taking their freedoms from them.

Do you remember when Flash was just starting to make it's
yellowish mark on the world? Sites would come in 2 flavors:

[Flash] [HTML]

I don't want to limit their options. I am angry at
them for having such little vision, for note realizing
that information should be quickly available and that
it shouldn't require Flash and lots of bandwidth.

> Only in a microcosm. They didn't produce anything evolutionary to
> software, they just grew up within themselves. An analogy would be life.
> Growing up is not evolving. If it was, your progeny would be born fully
> grown. And no epideral will help that! :)

LOL

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org