One more thing... (was Re: Wondering about Ncurses instructions)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Thu Jun 13 11:26:03 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 11:12:56AM -0700, Timothy Bauscher wrote:
> And that is terribly sad. I especially dislike sites
> composed of Flash-only. Those sites are limiting their
> potential audience by publishing browser-specific
> GUI garbage. Or, perhaps their audience doesn't consist
> of people who even _know_ what a text-only browser is.

I'm less concerned about that than the bandwidth problems flash imposes.
It's hideous.

> True, i can view it fine in Mozilla. But, why should i
> have to leave lynx to get information?

You don't. You are free to ignore information. :) People are free to
provide information as they see fit. (Even if it does seem like a waste
to you or me.) The difference is that you sound like you want to limit
their options, thereby taking their freedoms from them.

> > Where is HURD evolving? They are trying to write something that works,
> > not evolve it.
>
> Agreed, but that is still software evolution. Evolution
> covers bug fixes too :)

Only in a microcosm. They didn't produce anything evolutionary to
software, they just grew up within themselves. An analogy would be life.
Growing up is not evolving. If it was, your progeny would be born fully
grown. And no epideral will help that! :)

--
Archaic

--
"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and
as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."

- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org