One more thing... (was Re: Wondering about Ncurses instructions)

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 13 11:12:56 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 12:44:57PM -0500, Archaic wrote:
> What the W3C publishes is basically irrelevant to the
> world when it comes to what is out there. I'm sure page creators
> (especially frontpage users) don't generally sit down and preuse the
> standards to make sure they are conforming to the W3C. If it looks right
> in IE, publish it!

And that is terribly sad. I especially dislike sites
composed of Flash-only. Those sites are limiting their
potential audience by publishing browser-specific
GUI garbage. Or, perhaps their audience doesn't consist
of people who even _know_ what a text-only browser is.

True, i can view it fine in Mozilla. But, why should i
have to leave lynx to get information?

> Where is HURD evolving? They are trying to write something that works,
> not evolve it.

Agreed, but that is still software evolution. Evolution
covers bug fixes too :)

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org