help me name my computers!

Rob 'Feztaa' Park feztaa at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 11 08:48:04 PDT 2002

Alas! James Iwanek spake thus:
> hey guys, ive been naming my 15 odd computers (or at least attempting to)
> but ive run out of ideas. any one got any ideas? (just fill in the empty
> items on the list and post on this group)

Use letters from the greek alphabet. That'll give you 24 names, IIRC.
And they'll be consistent, too ;)

Name them alphabetically -- best to worst. You wouldn't want a 486 to be
known as the alpha-computer ;)

> Pentium3 #2    - alpha
> Pentium3 #1    - beta
> Pentium2 #2    - gamma
> Pentium2 #1    - delta
> Pentium1 #7    - epsilon
> Pentium1 #6    - zeta
> Pentium1 #5    - eta
> Pentium1 #4    - theta
> Pentium1 #3    - iota
> Pentium1 #2    - kappa
> Pentium1 #1    - lambda
> 486 #5    - mu
> 486 #4    - nu
> 486 #3    - xi
> 486 #2    - omicron
> 486 #1    - pi
> 286       - rho

A google search will find many excellent greek reference pages ;)

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/
		-- Sacramento Daily Union, September 13, 1860
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org