Was Collecting SBUs now, Fast compile engines

Steve Jones sljones3 at ualr.edu
Tue Jun 11 07:43:37 PDT 2002

Chris Lingard wrote:

> Read about M/B at week end and looked at chip sets
>
> So  Is this right
>
> Tyan  Tiger  MP(S2460) AMD-760 MP Chipset
>
> Two MP1800
>
> With 512 Mb PC2100 DDR memory
>
> Now more questions
>
> Do I need a memory board for each processor
>
> How can they claim 3Gb possible with only three memory slots.
>
> UMDA  100 disk,  but this must be buffer speed?
>
> Chris

This is almost exatly what I got, except I'm using two 1600+mp chips and
ata66 7200rpm WD drive and it really screams, Bash without using any -j
values( single thread make) takes about 7minutes to compile( the kernel
is not a valid timing bench since it is the ultimate in config option
and no two kernels will have the same set. Also the last tome I looked
in MY case there were four - 4 memory slots.  Once I got a radon card
RH7.1 installed flawleessly.  currently I'm using a LFS pre3.3 cvs
version with no probs myself.

I wholy recomend the tyan tiger S2460.

BTW has anyone with this board ( I know there's a few of us on this
list) gotten lmsensors to work?

--
Steve Jones
sljones3 at ualr.edu