Was Collecting SBUs now, Fast compile engines

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Tue Jun 11 06:34:04 PDT 2002

Ian Molton wrote:

>> Tyan  Tiger  MP(S2460) AMD-760 MP Chipset
>> Two MP1800
>> With 512 Mb PC2100 DDR memory
>
> Mmmmmm. yummy :) You are richer than I ;-))

Probably, and older too.

My excuse is that I have been running cheap stuff too long.  This
machine will be my specification, and not was is available in the
sales.  It will have LFS put on it from my CD, and nothing else.

This machine is a third reincarnation of a 486 25MHz with 8Mb
memory, and there are some original parts left.

> Maxtor are the fastest, Samsung have some incredibly quiet drives,
> and I personally use a Seagate (cheaper than a maxtor and a shade
> quieter).

Still got Seagates running on the firewall, they are six years old
and they are noisy.

Noise does not matter, so Maxtor it may well be
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org