Was Collecting SBUs now, Fast compile engines

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Tue Jun 11 03:16:00 PDT 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:02:59 +0100
Chris Lingard <chris at stockwith.co.uk> wrote:

> Good your back again

:)

> Read about M/B at week end and looked at chip sets
>
> So  Is this right
>
> Tyan  Tiger  MP(S2460) AMD-760 MP Chipset
> Two MP1800
> With 512 Mb PC2100 DDR memory

Mmmmmm. yummy :) You are richer than I ;-))

Thats very right :) Its the Mobo I /wanted/ to get but couldnt afford :)

> Now more questions
>
> Do I need a memory board for each processor

No.

> How can they claim 3Gb possible with only three memory slots.

1GB/slot. VERY VERY expensive DDR DIMMS :)

> UMDA  100 disk,  but this must be buffer speed?

yep. they typically manage between 20 and 35 MB/sec depending on the
manufacturer.

Maxtor are the fastest, Samsung have some incredibly quiet drives, and I
personally use a Seagate (cheaper than a maxtor and a shade quieter).

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org