Was Collecting SBUs now, Fast compile engines

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Sat Jun 8 02:11:37 PDT 2002

Ian Molton wrote:

> 1) CPU caching
> 2) L2/3 cache (if any)
> 3) OS RAM cache (note: NOT RAM bandwidth - even the DRAM in my 15 yo
> acorn would do here)

This is where I get lost because of lack of knowledge.  I have been
using machines built with spare parts too long.  I can afford one
good machine; even a dual Athlon, because all I need is a fast box
on my ethernet.

Point 1)  2)  3)

What control has a customer like me on these.  What do I need to get,
to have loads of caching.  I can then bolt some DDR memory and a fast
disk to it.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org