vim and email?

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Wed Jun 5 07:31:06 PDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 02:53:17PM +0200, Sven Hartenstein wrote:
> I'm relatively new to Linux et al., but the more I learn about it, the more I
<snip>
> Is it a good idea to use vim as a mail-editor?

Mutt is a great mailer that uses vim (by default) to write mail. If you
have no need for html mail, that's a very quick way to go. However, it
is NOT a gui mailer like kmail. It can be very overwhelming to write a
muttrc file (config file), but if you want to learn, if will be very
satisfying, and you can control EVERYTHING. :) If you decide to go that
route, let us know. I can provide my .muttrc so you can see what the
possibilities are (they don't seem to all be documented very well).
There are also hundreds of them posted throughout the internel. Go to
mutt.org, first and you'll see links for sample configs.

--
Jeff

--
Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods.

- H.L. Mencken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org