TeX vs. XML

Steve Bougerolle steveb at creek-and-cowley.com
Mon Jun 3 01:44:16 PDT 2002

On Sun, 02 Jun 2002 23:26:28 +0200
Björn Lindberg <d95-bli.no at spam.nada.kth.se> wrote:

> "R. Bosch" wrote:

> TeX.

Changing the subject somewhat (ok, more than somewhat):

Aside from problems with cut-and-paste in certain MathML-capable
editors, is there any strong reason to use TeX any more?  Can XML with
the right (different) DTDs do all the same work?  Is it practical?  Is
there a DTD for TeX?

In the past I've done the small mountain of work to get TeTeX going on
my systems but never used it (my theses are in TeX but were archived or
lost long ago).  Docbook and similar things seem all the rage for
writing nowadays.

--
Steve Bougerolle
Creek & Cowley Consulting