windows haters (repost for albert wagner)

Don Smith don_smith at att.net
Sun Jun 2 05:36:47 PDT 2002

Albert Wagner wrote:

> On Sunday 02 June 2002 04:43 am, you wrote:
> <snip>
> > albert: thanks for joining us ;-), i still cant remember why you asked me
> > to repost btw!
>
> Just thought it best that we move to lfs-chat with this.

Yes, and a good idea, that.

Here's my Windows story. Having worked in Unix for many years, and
successfully avoiding windows during that time, I went with a small
company that bought just one Sun Workstation (for building the product)
and several NT boxes for everything else. A friend of mine who changed
jobs with me, said he had never known I could swear like that! Mostly it
was because if I didn't reboot my NT box every day, it would hang right
near the end of some very large changes I had just done. Turns out there
were lots of memory leaks and rebooting was the only way to get the
memory back.

At my most recent job, I only had to reboot once a week! Progress.

The other main cause of swearing was trying to solve the "Where's that
menu option now?" puzzle MS thoughfully supplied with every update of
their products.

Don
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org