[LFS Trac] #2317: Sysklogd installs into /usr prefix instead of /

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Sun Feb 8 13:39:17 PST 2009

(Replying here since trac seems to be broken: it won't let me add
comments to tickets after logging in.  No difference if I create a new
user.  No difference after verifying my email address.  No difference
after clearing cookies.  Somebody more familiar with why trac is giving
that "Warning: <acct_mgr.web_ui.MessageWrapper object at 0x[address]>"
error should probably look into it...)

LFS Trac wrote:
> Comment:
>
> Hi DJ,
>
> <...>
>
> Is it just your lsb bootscripts that are affected then?

I think the LFS bootscripts are fine.  We only start sysklogd in
runlevels 3, 4, and 5, so no runlevel 2.  It's after mountfs.  (But
before network, which might cause grief for NFS-mounted /usr -- then
again, that may not work for other reasons as well, I don't know.)

The sysklogd script itself does not use an absolute path to either
syslogd or klogd, so the script should be fine with or without a binary
move.

> Just trying to clarify that all I have to do on this is update the
> sysklogd instructions and don't have to get my hands dirty in the
> current book's bootscripts.

Looks that way to me.  :-)