r8569 - in trunk/BOOK: . chapter01 chapter05

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 12:26:29 PDT 2008

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>> I get a failure in all modes.  It looks like there is a missing set of entities
>> in patches.ent:
>>
>> glibc-iconv-test-fixes-patch
>> glibc-ildoubl-test-fix-patch
>> glibc-ildoubl-test-fix-patch-size
>> glibc-ildoubl-test-fix-patch-md5
>
> Please do an 'svn update'. I don't have issues validating
> and the code you say is missing is there.

I was having a funny problem with svn so I did a fresh check out the book.  That
fixed this problem.

> Then after you update,
>
> 1. do something that breaks validation
> 2. run make validate
> 3. run make lfs
>
> This is what I did and make validate would fail, but make lfs
> didn't complain.

Checked out revision 8571.
bdubbs at lfs6:~$ cd LFS/trunk/BOOK/
bdubbs at lfs6:~/LFS/trunk/BOOK$ svn up
At revision 8571.
bdubbs at lfs6:~/LFS/trunk/BOOK$ make
Making tarballs...
Creating and cleaning /home/bdubbs/tmp
Processing bootscripts...
Validating the book...
Generating profiled XML for XHTML...
Generating chunked XHTML files...
Computing chunks...
Copying CSS code and images...
Running Tidy and obfuscate.sh...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bdubbs/LFS/trunk/BOOK'
Generating wget list...
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bdubbs/LFS/trunk/BOOK'

bdubbs at lfs6:~/LFS/trunk/BOOK$ vi index.xml
bdubbs at lfs6:~/LFS/trunk/BOOK$ make validate
Processing bootscripts...
Validating the book...
index.xml:18: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: include line 17
and part
</part>
        ^
index.xml:51: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: part line 14 and book
</book>
        ^
index.xml:53: parser error : Premature end of data in tag book line 6

^
make: *** [validate] Error 1

bdubbs at lfs6:~/LFS/trunk/BOOK$ make lfs
Making tarballs...
Creating and cleaning /home/bdubbs/tmp
Processing bootscripts...
Validating the book...
index.xml:18: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: include line 17
and part
</part>
        ^
index.xml:51: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: part line 14 and book
</book>
        ^
index.xml:53: parser error : Premature end of data in tag book line 6

^
make: *** [validxml] Error 1

Reverting the change builds fine.

   -- Bruce