r7732 - in trunk/BOOK: . chapter01

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 1 16:02:13 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Martes, 1 de Agosto de 2006 08:32, Matthew Burgess escribió:
>
>> OK, so jhalfs appears to be adding a '-k' when running `make check'.
>> That's not really very nice, guys, as it a) doesn't follow the book and
>> b) means errors aren't spotted at their earliest opportunity.
 >
> The use of " -k || true" to run the test suites has been in jhalfs from the
> beginning.
>
> "-k"  was added due that at that time some SVN packages was having known
> failed test.

But the only ones that were known to fail (gcc, glibc, IIRC) already had
'-k' in the book.

> Then "|| true" was added due some test suites having a non 0
> exit status, regardless if the test suite was run until completion or not.

Which ones were they?  All of my scripts, before using jhalfs, used a
plain `make check' unless the book stated otherwise, and they never
complained.

If either of '-k' or '|| true' are needed, they should be in the book,
with rationale, IMNSHO.

Regards,

Matt.