Package Updater

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 9 14:03:43 PDT 2003

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:57:52 -0400
Jeremy Utley <jeremy at jutley.org> wrote:

> Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > Just to add that there
> > have been no package updates today so IMO a package freeze (as per
> > Jeremy's suggestion) can go ahead any time now.
>
> There might be one more we can slip in - I heard on IRC that automake
> 1.7.7 was released on sources.redhat.com a couple days ago, but hasn't
> made it's way onto gnu.org as of yet.  From what I was told, it builds
> successfully with the same process, so we may be able to dump in that
> one.  Otherwise, I vote for LFS going version freeze as of now.

OK, that leads me to a question then.  When is a (GNU) package classed
as officially released?  I know that there can sometimes be delays on
getting stuff from ftp://gcc.gnu.org over to ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc/.
 Do we simply wait until the gnu server receives the updates or do we
take stuff from what appears to be the primary site?