lfscmd suggestions?

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 9 04:24:26 PDT 2003

The next "stable" release will be labeled 1.0, mainly for the
following reasons:

o The output is no longer the same as in previous versions.
  Some of the command output (&&) is removed for the sake of
  consistency among arbitrary book versions.

o Several new options have been added. It has grown up.

lfscmd needs some testers! Billy tested cvs for me a few times
(only because I bugged him to :p). So if you have a few minutes
of free time on your hands, or have never installed lfscmd,
give it a shot.

Also, if you have any comments, suggestions, feature requests,
complaints, bug reports, or patches, send them to lfs-book.
All of the ideas in lfscmd have been my own, so far. It would
be refreshing to read your thoughts, even if they're critical.

lfscmd.c is a bit ugly.

Complaints about the license are also welcome. It doesn't matter
much to me what license the code is released under, so long as
we can all use it and improve it.

It is my goal to keep lfscmd up to date with the book. So when
we get rid of docbook (please, let that day come soon), lfscmd
will work with the new xml structure (once it's a bit concrete).

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org