cvs commit: LFS/latex/chapter01 acknowledgments.tex chapter01.tex how.tex

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 14 13:14:11 PST 2003

On February 14, 2003 02:06 pm, gerard at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>   Log:
>   some stuff to play with

Okay guys something to play with. I'll be away for the next two hours, but
this'll get you started.

You get the idea of how a chapter and a subsection is to be done. I don't know
who is present right now so I'm not assigning anything to anybody myself.

So here's the plan: he who is here and wants to work on the changes, reply to
this email and say what you will do. First come first serve.

The entire book needs to be put into these .tex files so go ahead and have
fun. We'll do the formatting and "making is pretty" afterwards.

Keep the files as they are now. Ie: chapter 5 and 6 install instructions are
in two files now. So create bash.tex and bash-inst.tex and so on. We'll fix
that up later and just put everything in one single TeX file.

And if you don't know how to do something, say a <literallayout> tag
conversion or <itemizedlist> just type the text. Like I said we'll format it
later. First thing that needs to be done is getting the text into .tex files
and without XML tags. Add latex tags if you know them but no worries at the
moment. Don't worry if it doesn't render through latex and pdflatex either.

Have fun, I'll be back soon

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org