blowfish patch

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 22 22:45:07 PST 2006

The website books and patches have yet to be updated. This patch can be found
at:
http://ca.lfs-matrix.net/patches/downloads/glibc/glibc-2.5-blowfish.patch

You should be aware that I haven't made blowfish patches for Shadow-utils and
Sysvinit yet (the Sysvinit patch was submitted to this list about a month
ago). I'm trying to make a Shadow-utils, and Sysvinit, patch that can be
accepted upstream. The Glibc patch needs a bunch of work to get added to
Glibc, mainly to deal with the Glibc build system.

There is also a question of whether it's possible to use libcrypto, from
openssl, with Shadow-utils. I think this would be preferred because it would
add dozens of algorithms (sha512, etc), not just blowfish.

robert