randomness and ssh

Kendrick hlfs at linux2themax.com
Wed Nov 8 15:45:45 PST 2006

I just started working on my via c7 this week and after getting a base
lfs build + aes/sha patches on the kernel and ssh3.8  i found some
interesting things.

34mb file copied from the via c7 was getting 900k a sec using 99% cpu,
while my dual 500mhz prolaint server was getting 200 and using only
about 12% of the cpu.  It made me wonder and the only thought i could
come up with is randomness.  I remember there used to be a egd? or
erandom patch for hlfs  and or ssh I was wondering if it was still
around some where and or if it seems im barking up the wrong tree.   how
would one go about checking for random empty?