FAQ generation error

Seth W. Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Fri Jun 27 19:03:40 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 02:12:44PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 13:59, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> >
> > AFAIK there are no changes in the FAQ's CVS so I *think* this may be
> > because of changes in the doctools, xmllib or entities outside the FAQ. I
> > understand these were upgraded?
>
> I installed the stuff using the BLFS instructions regarding docbook and
> what not. It's possible this messed up the FAQ if it's expecting a
> different version of the stylesheets and wat not.

Yep, it's probably docbook-xsl changes....

> > Seth, can you handle this? You have more experience with it than me :)
> > Alternatively we could redirect people to
> > http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ with the disadvantage of them seeing
> > a totally different layout.
>
> If Seth has no quick solution I'll just grab the faq/index.html from the
> test site and copy it to www.lfs.org/faq/ and comment out the cron job
> for now until we have looked into it some more.

It should be (was, AFAIK) generated from a cvs commit trigger so the
cron job is kind of a waste, anyway.

In any case, since Jeroen is thinking of ditching the current DocBook, i
wouldn't worry about it. It can generate without an overall TOC and the
replacement will be in place soon enough. If Jeroen decides to stay with
DocBook, i'll look into figuring out why they now think you don't need an
overall TOC and either enable what they've disabled or hack a TOC together.
A totally new set of stylesheets for that was on my list anyway.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein