[elinks-dev] New HID support for ELinks

Yannick PLASSIARD yan at mistigri.org
Mon Mar 27 02:03:43 PST 2006

Hi:
	First, I would like to thank you for your long and complete answer.
	I took time investigating on the Rlinks's structures and saw a "struct document" in src/document/document.h, which stores the entire document.
This structure seems to be a good place to get all document specs and content. I have several questions about that:
I saw a 'struct line *' in it, which, I guess, correspond to each line of the document. My question is, does a line include all text, even if at the middle of it, there is a link ?
Example : Lets suppose a line "This <is> a text" and the '<is>' is a link. How it would be in a struct line, and how a struct link will be set appropriately ?

Secnnd, my implementation "only" consists of reformatting output text. For example, instead of "colorized links" I would put "<Ln>text<ln>" insdead. I mean I would rewrite a lowlevel "pseudo terminal driver", to be transparent with tab handling for example (don't care about dialogboxes for now).
But I'm quite comfuse with the way the 'terminal driver' gets events from the document, for example an Autoreload or  something like that, and also about the module structure and working.
Can you explain me how it work and how I should use it correctly ?

Thanks again,
	Yannick