[elinks-dev] New HID support for ELinks

Yannick PLASSIARD yan at mistigri.org
Fri Mar 24 06:55:40 PST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 04:10:15PM +0200, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 02:39:52PM +0100, Yannick PLASSIARD wrote:
> > The Elinks web browser is, as far as I know, the most complete
> > browser, and my goal is to make it better accessible for blind users ,
>
> This is bit off-topic but have you tried emacspeak and w3? If yes, how
> did you like them?
Hi:
	I didn't try them, but I think that a dedicated interface could be better for browsing. Emacspeak does , I think, some "screen reading" and little formatting of the information.
	What I would like to develop, is a full interpretation of the build DOM to make a renderer which would render links, forms, and so on, as better as possible for a blind user which uses a Braille display. For people that do not know what is this Braille display, immagine a screen with one row and 18, 20, 32, 40, or 80 columns.

> best regards,

   Regards, and thanks for your suggestion.

 Timo Lindfors