[elinks-dev] Re: elinks cache control (was no subject)

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Tue Mar 21 17:54:28 PST 2006

  witekfl at poczta.onet.pl wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 02:53:48PM -0600, Stephen Stocker wrote:
>>   Oops, I sent this without a subject. :(
>>

>>   On Fri Oct 28 13:17:51 MDT 2005 adair at gotadsl.co.uk wrote:
>>
>> > Is anyone else having problems with Cache-Control: no-cache ?
>> > I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I've found the fiendish

<snip>
>>   Yes. <F10> "c" (flush all caches) has been broken since my October 28,
>> 2005 CVS update. This was probably actually a somewhat earlier version, as I
>> wasn't aware of the change to GIT.
>>
>>   Anyway, I'm still using that version (probably the last thing in Elinks
>> CVS), as anything newer has been virtually unusable on several sites,
>> notably Yahoo groups.
>
>Try this patch (in attachment).
>I guess the problem is in get_validated_cache_entry.
>When the cached is in use always the cached is returned.
>I'm not sure if the patch is correct.
>
>Witold Filipczyk

  Hi,

  I think this was already committed to unstable before I saw this.

  I'm still getting the same results when trying to clear unused caches,
  but I can work around it. Aside from some incorrect refresh coding on
  some sites, it doesn't matter anyway. Speaking of which, I'll test
  this further on a few of the URLs which required a manual refresh
  previously.

  Thanks. :)

  Take care,
  Steve