[elinks-dev] Re: Doing Crazy stuff.

Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters mdm0304 at ecu.edu
Fri Jun 23 23:37:19 PDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 11:42:29AM +0530, Ligesh wrote:
> [...]
>  Now I am wondering: can't motions be made into Lua? Is it possible to make the motion system Lua Configurable?  I think that would be the real solution, rather than hacking multiple motions. As I said, Elinks is a 2 dimensional system, and it is imperative that the motion be extremely efficient. I actually like 'lynx' in a way. I mean, it is horrible in too many ways, but since it renders everything linearly, it has a certain pattern, and and moving around is sort of straightforward. But in the elinks, the complexity of its rendering makes motion a bit confusing.
> [...]

You mean move-link-up and the like? This would be a lot of
work--exposing interfaces to get at the formatted document and all of
the links therein, their co-ordinates, the co-ordinates of the cursor,
which portion of the document that is currently being displayed, and
whatever else you need. Unless you have some really crazy ideas, it is
probably simpler just to write a little C code for some new motion
commands.

I mostly select links by typing the number of the link. See Setup ->
Options manager -> Document -> Browsing -> Links -> Number links
and ... -> Number keys select links.

--
Miciah Masters <miciah at myrealbox.com> / <mdm0304 at ecu.edu>