[elinks-dev] Re: Feature Requests

Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters mdm0304 at ecu.edu
Fri Jun 23 23:31:47 PDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 10:48:59AM +0530, Ligesh wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 08:47:59PM +0000, Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters wrote:
> >
> > This should be easy enough. Should I just use isalnum instead of
> > isspace? Next question: Should this be configurable? We already have too
> > many options.
>
>  Yeah true. No. It is not configurable. They are separate motions altogether. And the kill-word-back actually means that it will do till a metachar.

What do you mean? Are you asserting that because it has 'word' in the
name, it should stop at non-alphanumeric characters?

>                                                                                                                                                      If at all it is needed, you need to add it as a separate motion. In bash, the one with metachar is called as 'backward-kill-word', and the one with space is called 'unix-word-rubout'. So presently we need only backward-kill-word.

I'm not clear. Which actions should I duplicate? What should the names
be for the ones that stop at whitespace and the ones that stop on any
non-alphanumeric character?

--
Miciah Masters <miciah at myrealbox.com> / <mdm0304 at ecu.edu>