[elinks-dev] Adding Unicode (utf-8) support to elinks

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Thu Oct 6 12:30:21 PDT 2005

On 10/6/2005 14:01, Scrool wrote:

> Before I start exhaustive looking at code I would ask if someone want
> to have Unicode support in elinks.

Oh yes, this would be a great step forward!

I know an Alexander P. on another list who seems to know a great deal
about utf-8 in Linux.  He may be willing and able to provide some hints
and testing.  Let me know privately and I can put you in touch.

I don't do very much C coding and am a beginner anyway, but maybe you can
get some coding ideas by looking at the Plan9 OS which has Unicode support
throughout from the beginning.
<http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/index.html>  I guess it runs well in
Xen now if you have no hardware that it can run on natively.
<http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Installing_in_Xen/index.html>

Cheers and good luck,

~Jason