[elinks-dev] Adding Unicode (utf-8) support to elinks

Scrool scroolik at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 11:01:01 PDT 2005

Hello there!

I would like to implement Unicode (more accurately utf-8) support into
elinks. The goal is to allow correct displaying all (or most of) utf-8
written HTML pages. By now I know it needs to change technique of
storing parsed pages and rewrite Elinks rendering engine.

Before I start exhaustive looking at code I would ask if someone want
to have Unicode support in elinks. I appreciate if someone can suggest
me whether I have to use UCS2 (my preference) or utf-8 as internal
encoding. Also some other suggestions would be fine.

Pavol Babincak