[blfs-support] KF4KDELibs4Support

Craig Jackson craigmjackson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 19:48:46 PDT 2016

>> I'm not really sure what is going on, but /opt/qt5/include/QtCore/qglobal.h
>> is calling
>>
>> #include <algorithm>
>>
>> which is in several places:
>>
>> /usr/include/c++/6.2.0/ext/algorithm
>> /usr/include/c++/6.2.0/algorithm
>> /usr/include/c++/6.2.0/parallel/algorithm
>> /usr/include/c++/6.2.0/experimental/algorithm
>> /usr/include/boost/tr1/tr1/algorithm
>>
>> The only one that has stl_algobase.h is /usr/include/c++/6.2.0/algorithm.
>>
>> The above indicates that stl_algobase.h is at /usr/include/stl_algobase.h
>> but I do not have that.  I only have
>> /usr/include/c++/6.2.0/bits/stl_algobase.h and that does not have the new.h
>> string.
>>
>> Investigate where /usr/include/stl_algobase.h came from.  At a minimum,
>> remove it.
>>
>>   -- Bruce
>>

> Looks like somewhere I got the bright idea to install SGI's standard
> template library which overwrote some other headers.  I will try to
> reinstall libstdc++.
> https://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/
>
> I had a bad feeling about that one, apparently I should have trusted
> that feeling.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

Interesting.

So the new.h was called by stl_algobase.h which is part of the
stdlibc++ library but has been deprecated in gcc 6.  kdelibs4support,
being a compat library, is calling some older functions.  After a lot
of restoring from backups, copying headers from gcc 5, trying to
update headers, turns out is is kf5 still calling these deprecated
headers.

I then looked at the references to some deprecated headers such as
<iostream.h> and it did this in the 5.25.0 release but did not in the
5.26.0 release.  I updated all the KF5 packages from 5.25.0 to 5.26.0
using the same BLFS instructions (with version replacement of course)
and the whole KF5 package list compiles successfully.

Looks like BLFS-systemd-dev is currently at 5.25.0.  Any reason to not
move to 5.26.0?

Thanks!

Craig