[blfs-support] Gnome GUI not starting

Sainadh J jsainadh at ymail.com
Mon Sep 12 06:02:05 PDT 2016

    On Monday, 12 September 2016 6:12 PM, John Frankish <john.frankish at outlook.com> wrote:

 > > To debug gnome-session you can create a wrapper script to start it in debug mode without using gdm.
> >
> > Rename /usr/bin/gnome-session to gnome-session2 and create /usr/bin/gnome-session containing:
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > gnome-session2 --debug
> >
> >..and set it to be executable.
> >
> > You can then use "startx" or the method above to start gnome-session and get debug messages in the syslog.
> > BTW, as long as you've compiled the many gnome-session deps without systemd, the gnome gui will run without it.
>
> i successfully installed gnome 33 section and section 34 (Few not installed) after that
> i run startx it execute xorg windows gnome is not starting my .xinitrc file contains
> dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session
> any suggestions how can i start gnome GUI?
>
>Maybe you could double-check that the dbus daemon is running before you "startx"

>Note that, if you start gnome-session directly, you don't need " dbus-launch --exit-with-session", just "gnome session" will do.
thanks for the reply,here is the error when i run gnome-session
dbus-update-activation-environment:error : unable to connect to D-Bus: Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for x11
gnome-session-binary[2855]:WARNING: using null backend for session tracking
gnome-session-binary[2855]:WARNING: unable to find required componentĀ  'org.gnome.Shell'unable to init server:could not connect: Connection refused

** (gnome-session-failed:2867): WARNING **:cannotĀ  open display:
could you tell me how can i resolve this error?