[blfs-support] Glib-2.48.2 tests hang
hazeldebian at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 8 03:28:52 PDT 2016
On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 12:23:46 -0500
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hazel Russman wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 10:41:28 -0500 "Douglas R. Reno"
> > <renodr2002 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Hazel Russman
> >> <hazeldebian at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >>> The last test passed is: gsettings 23 /gsettings/no-read-binding.
> >>> After that it hangs indefinitely.
> >>> Six of the earlier tests gave errors: contenttype, defaultvalue,
> >>> gdbus-unix-addresses, gdbus-peer, appinfo, desktop-app-info
> >>> Hazel
> >> Hi Hazel,
> >> Do you have D-Bus, desktop-file-utils, and shared-mime-info
> >> installed? D-Bus and desktop-file-utils are needed for the test
> >> suite, and one must install glib to install those. Because of that,
> >> the test suite must be run after you have installed glib. Also, make
> >> sure that you have the system-wide daemon running if you already have
> >> D-Bus installed.
> >> Douglas R. Reno
> > I didn't want to build dbus until I had the Xorg libraries in place as
> > recommended in the book. Is it the lack of dbus that makes it hang, do
> > you think? It certainly explains at least two of my six errors.
> > glib and desktop-file-utils are both installed, but not
> > shared-mime-info. That wasn't mentioned anywhere as a dependency.
> > I think I'll concentrate on X now until I have built the Xorg
> > libraries. Then I'll build dbus against them and try testing glib
> > again.
> Remember that upstream developers generally build and test their packages
> against a full-up system. Getting all the dependencies for regression
> tests can be challenging.
> -- Bruce
It's not a dbus problem, not directly at any rate. It's because I was building in chroot.
I built dbus and dbus-glib, then booted the system directly and ran the tests. I didn't have a dbus daemon actually running but there was no hang-up and the tests ran to completion.
I rebooted into my current LFS, chrooted into the new system and ran the tests again. They halted in the same place as before.
I'm working in chroot because I want to be able to copy and paste from the book, which for some reason stopped working in text-based Links a couple of years ago. I know from earlier posts that other people do this too in the early stages of BLFS. Perhaps a warning note might be useful here.
More information about the blfs-support