[blfs-support] startx not working xorg windows not open

Sainadh J jsainadh at ymail.com
Wed Sep 7 10:27:15 PDT 2016

Hello there,
i installed 24 section in BLFS 7.9 after completed i tried to open xorg windows with the "startx" command it gives me error which is
startx
xauth:  file /root/.serverauth.20624 does not exist
xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name "skyline:0" in "list" command
xauth: (stdin):1:  bad display name "skyline:0" in "add" command

_XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running
(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running(EE)
(EE)
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
     at http://wiki.x.org
 for help.
(EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
(EE)
(EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyxinit: giving up
xinit: unable to connect to X server: Resource temporarily unavailable
xinit: server error
xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name "skyline:0" in "remove" command

and when i try to auto generate the xorg.conf file with the X -configure command it won't work and gives me error which is look like same as startx command error output.

my lspci output is lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection (rev 05)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 05)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev b5)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 05)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation H61 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 05)
01:00.0 PCI bridge: Integrated Technology Express, Inc. Device 8892 (rev 10)
all video drives are installed correctly but Xorg windows won't open please suggest me how to resolve this error  i am using Slackware 14.1 64bit as my host system.thanks in advance.