[blfs-support] Internal compiler error ?

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Mon Feb 1 14:14:40 PST 2016

On Monday 01 February 2016 11:47:39 Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> My best guess is that there is something in the compiler that you built
> that is HW dependent.  We would need to see the output of lscpu for both
> systems.

I can only give the result for the laptop, as I am far from my PC:
quote
--------------------
Architektur:           i686
CPU Operationsmodus:   32-bit, 64-bit
Byte-Reihenfolge:      Little Endian
CPU(s):                4
Liste der Online-CPU(s):0-3
Thread(s) pro Kern:    2
Kern(e) pro Socket:    2
Sockel:                1
Anbieterkennung:       GenuineIntel
Prozessorfamilie:      6
Modell:                58
Modellname:            Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3227U CPU @ 1.90GHz
Stepping:              9
CPU MHz:               1800.000
Maximale Taktfrequenz der CPU:1901,0000
Minimale Taktfrequenz der CPU:779,0000
BogoMIPS:              3791.43
Virtualisierung:       VT-x
L1d Cache:             32K
L1i Cache:             32K
L2 Cache:              256K
L3 Cache:              3072K
Markierungen:          fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx rdtscp
lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf
eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm
pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer xsave avx f16c lahf_lm ida
arat epb pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase smep
erms xsaveopt
--------------------
unquote

> If you do:
>
> cat > test.c << EOF
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main() { printf( "Testing\n"); }
> EOF
>
> gcc -o testing test.c
>
> ./testing
>
> Does it work?

Works perfect !

Ken: "I think you will need to rebuild gmp" The only way I see for doing it
would be chrooting from the working partition. But I muss confess, that I am
not sure how to do it. Do I need to go through the procedure as indicated in
the lfs-book or would the chroot command of chapter 6 do the job ?

Bruce and Ken, thanks for the help !
Edgar
---
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralwers at gmx.de>