[blfs-support] gst-plugins-bad-1.0 does not build if opencv is present

Douglas R. Reno renodr2002 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 05:59:51 PST 2016

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 6:58 AM, Pierre Labastie <pierre.labastie at neuf.fr>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am amazed that nobody came to that earlier, but if
> opencv-3.1.0 is installed as per the book instructions,
> gst-plugins-bad does not build. The error is:
> ------------------------
> make[3]: Entering directory
> '/sources/gst10-plugins-bad/gst-plugins-bad-1.10.2/ext/opencv'
>   CXX      libgstopencv_la-gstopencv.lo
> In file included from gstopencv.cpp:41:0:
> gstsegmentation.h:53:32: fatal error: opencv2/bgsegm.hpp: No such file or
> directory
>    #include <opencv2/bgsegm.hpp>
>                                 ^
> compilation terminated.
> make[3]: *** [Makefile:1016: libgstopencv_la-gstopencv.lo] Error 1
> -----------------------
>
> After much research (I'm really not good at finding
> things on internet, thanks Arch linux), I found that
> the bgsegm module is from the opencv_contrib
> package, and not included in the main opencv
> package (there is a cudabgsegm module in the
> main pacakge, but not available if not using cuda,
> that is, nvidia proprietary graphics driver). I have
> not yet tried to build the opencv_contrib package,
> nor to build gst-plugins-bad with that package
> installed. But I wanted to report to see whether
> anybody could confirm. I'd say that if confirmed,
> we should add the opencv_contrib package as
> optional (or disable gstopencv in gst-plugins-bad).
>
> Regards,
> Pierre
>

> Regards

Hi Pierre,

I generally don't build OpenCV when updating gst-plugins-bad, as most of
the time I'm heading towards GNOME and need the gst plugins as dependencies.

If you want me to confirm, I'll be building through gst-plugins-* in a
couple hours, so that I can build WebkitGTK+. I can try building OpenCV
this time if you want.

Otherwise, my two cents is to disable gstopencv, but I can see where adding
the contrib package could help. I just don't see too much of a use for
OpenCV in gst-plugins-bad currently.