[blfs-support] Fixes for fontconfig errors from old CJK conf files

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 13 11:36:48 PST 2016

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 02:26:35AM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:

> Anyway, all of the fixed versions, together with .orig versions so
> you can see what I changed if you ever get a similar annoyance, are
> at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/fontconfig-fixes/
>
> Unfortunately, opening them in firefox shows the XML, and 'save as'
> then prefers to call them something.xml.  And wget returns 404.  So
> maybe I've got a bit more work to do on this.  But it's getting
> there!

A warning: the fixed version of 69-odofonts.conf causes Odosung to
be preferred for both Serif and Sans fonts, even in English - and it
is faint and smaller than the normal DejaVu : this affects menus and
dialogs in gtk applications, even in an English locale.

So, most people won't want this (Chinese users might prefer it).
For the future, I guess I'm going to have to give an example of how
to edit such old conf files in the book.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods